Auscrimper Cover Crop Roller
The Auscrimper Cover Crop Roller is designed to terminate the cover crop at an appropriate time to allow the planting of a second, cash crop. The cash crop is planted directly into the crimped cover crop. This leaves a protective mulch layer, returning the valuable nutrients to the soil and amplifying their productivity through the following growth cycle.
The Auscrimper team have designed, developed and now manufacture a unique and innovative Cover Crop Roller. The Australian designed and manufactured Auscrimper Cover Crop Roller features:
- Chevron pattern blades,
- A crimping interval of 110 millimetres,
- Removable axle,
- Simple blade replacement, and…
- The drum is able to be filled with water to add extra weight capacity.
The Auscrimper Cover Crop Roller is:
- Heavy duty, with built-in weight to handle Australia’s tough cropping and ground conditions,
- Designed with unique characteristics, built with longevity in mind,
- Robustly engineered machinery designed to your specifications.
Employing the Auscrimper Cover Crop Roller brings you benefits including:
- The terminating of a cover crop without chemical spray - meaning chemical free farming,
- A new crop can be planted into the crimped down cover crop,
- The roller lays down the crop to provide to the ground, a mulch layer.
Importantly this layer of cover crop mulch assists in:
- Encouraging the soil health nutrient cycle,
- Building and retaining soil moisture,
- Feeding the soil microbes, increasing both their diversity and density,
- Providing a home and protection for soil microbes
- Providing the conditions where the recycling of soil nutrients occur, and…
- Keeping soil temperature cooler during summer and warmer during winter.
Auscrimper team David & Charlie Lange have built invaluable knowledge and hands-on experience in the practise of cover crops as a central aspect of Regenerative Agriculture. See Regenerative Agriculture ›
Cover Crop Roller Options
The Auscrimper roller options include:
- Three Point Linkage models with both front and rear mounted configurations;
- Folding wing three point linkage models available in sizes up to 12 metres;
- Folding wing (3 and 5 section folding options, dependant on size) with a trailing kit available;
- Narrow folding (with forward or rear folding options for easy road transportation - under 4 meters);
- Flat machines with end-tow options;
- Standard colour options are green and yellow with other colours available at an additional price.
Custom Roller Designs
A large range of crimper roller designs are available. Auscrimper has the ability to custom design to your specific cover crop roller requirements. Trailing Cover Crop Roller Crimpers come in a range of different configurations with sizes up to 24 meters and to suit the customer’s specific requirements.
Before we start manufacture we need the following information:
- The tractor size (The make & model for three point linkage or hydraulic fittings),
- The machine’s required dimensions,
- Discussion about the client situation, expectations to customise the machine.
- 30% deposit required to confirm order,
- Full payment required upon delivery or when machine leaves our shed,
- Payments via either cheque or direct deposit (Online banking),
- 1 year warranty on all products,
- Replacement parts are available for all products with the option of in-field fitting.
Roller Blade Replacement
The machine’s life can be extended through roller blade replacement. These blades are available to bolt onto the existing blade once significant wear has been incurred.
After Sales Support
The team make follow-up calls 3 months after purchase to ensure your satisfaction with the product. Auscrimper provide local supply combined with personal follow up service where required. Enquiries and phone support is available after hours.